Begin by knowing the lay of the land and water. Study the works of past masters, and recall the places of beauty that you know. Then, on your chosen site, let memory speak, and make into your own that which moves you most.
— Anonymous, Japan 1000 A.D.
I have 35 years of local horticultural experience – designing, installing and maintaining gardens in Ulster and Dutchess counties, in NY’s Hudson Valley.
I’m taking a break from running two crews and embarking on what I really love most, coaching DYI homeowners to bring their garden dreams to fruition.
As a Garden Coach I will offer design and plant selection ideas and maintenance advice.
- Don’t know where to begin?
- Need help figuring out what goes where?
- Hard time prioritizing?
- Tired of the costly mistakes?
- Selling your house? I can help you improve the ‘curb appeal’ of your home.
- I can help assure you avoid costly mistakes and make sure that you get it right the first time.
- We will start with a site visit to discuss your garden/landscape to prioritize and create a plan.
- I can visit bi-weekly / monthly / seasonally depending on the scope of the project and your needs.
- Plant service: I can guide you in putting together a list of plants, order them and then deliver beautiful plants to your site, placing them for planting.
Rates: Consultation and/or coaching- $100/hour. (Minimum charge per visit is $100.) Discounts for signing up for multiple sessions. No charge for travel within a 15 mile radius of Saugerties, NY. Beyond that radius travel time will be charged.
Email me for more info or to set up a site visit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to getting down and dirty with you! 2018_Client questionnaire